Monday, 28 May 2018

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What should I use to write native desktop apps for Ubuntu? Ask HN: What should I use to write native desktop apps for Ubuntu?

Ask HN: What should I use to write native desktop apps for Ubuntu?
27 by pvsukale3 | 28 comments on Hacker News.
I am computer science student. And I want to write a native desktop app for Ubuntu which will be displayed in the system tray. I tried building a sample app using ElectronJS but it compiles to very big file size for a hello world system tray app. I have looked into GTK and Qt but I am confused which one I should use. I want to know which one will be easier to pick up and get going.

I am computer science student. And I want to write a native desktop app for Ubuntu which will be displayed in the system tray. I tried building a sample app using ElectronJS but it compiles to very big file size for a hello world system tray app. I have looked into GTK and Qt but I am confused which one I should use. I want to know which one will be easier to pick up and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment