Wednesday, 28 March 2018

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How can I escape Gmail and Outlook.com? Ask HN: How can I escape Gmail and Outlook.com?

Ask HN: How can I escape Gmail and Outlook.com?
16 by setquk | 15 comments on Hacker News.
I've spent the last 15 years or so dodging between Microsoft and Google's email solutions. I've tried escaping them to smaller providers including old fashioned pop3/smtp, but I feel like I've been strong-armed back into using them. The smaller companies tend to have numerous problems with delivery to providers such as Yahoo and MSFT Office 365. It's almost like there's a conspiracy between the larger providers to automatically accept email but for the small guys, they don't get a look in. I want to move away because I entirely distrust them.

I've spent the last 15 years or so dodging between Microsoft and Google's email solutions. I've tried escaping them to smaller providers including old fashioned pop3/smtp, but I feel like I've been strong-armed back into using them. The smaller companies tend to have numerous problems with delivery to providers such as Yahoo and MSFT Office 365. It's almost like there's a conspiracy between the larger providers to automatically accept email but for the small guys, they don't get a look in. I want to move away because I entirely distrust them.

No comments:

Post a Comment