Ask HN: How Does Facebook Data Influence Election
2 by sahin-boydas | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I told this to many people after first day trump became president.... I think many journalists still didnt get. Let me share my idea of what happened. I think plan was very simple social marketing and deep learning executed by 5-10 smart engineers from peter’s inner circle. 1) created many fake wordpress news sites , fill it with fake articles. 2) then target specific groups of people using facebook custom audience using collected data’s user ids to get 100k+ likes (both democrats and republican) to these pages. 3) the sites and pages became legit with 100k likes. 4) Facebook custom audience and ads : then used AI and deep learning to create catchy shareable super targeted fake news articles to make democrats lose votes in very specific zip codes based on gerrymandering voting lines and then boost them with paid custom audience.
I told this to many people after first day trump became president.... I think many journalists still didnt get. Let me share my idea of what happened. I think plan was very simple social marketing and deep learning executed by 5-10 smart engineers from peter’s inner circle. 1) created many fake wordpress news sites , fill it with fake articles. 2) then target specific groups of people using facebook custom audience using collected data’s user ids to get 100k+ likes (both democrats and republican) to these pages. 3) the sites and pages became legit with 100k likes. 4) Facebook custom audience and ads : then used AI and deep learning to create catchy shareable super targeted fake news articles to make democrats lose votes in very specific zip codes based on gerrymandering voting lines and then boost them with paid custom audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment